TriggerEvent

May 17, 2011 at 7:19 PM

I am having trouble getting a TriggerAction to call a method on a ViewModel for a third party tool that has another control embedded within.

Specifically, I am using a XamTimeline control from Infragistics.  The Infragistics XamTimeline has a ZoomBar within the XamTimeline.

I would like to set up a Bxf TriggerAction that would call a ViewModel Method.  I can get it to work for other TriggerActions just not this  one.

Here is what I entered.

<bxf:TriggerAction Height="0" Width="0" x:Name="ZoomChangeTrigger" TriggerEvent="ZoomChanged" TargetControl="{Binding ElementName=horizontalTimeline}" MethodName="OnTimelineZoomChange"/>
I also tried:
<bxf:TriggerAction Height="0" Width="0" x:Name="ZoomChangeTrigger" TriggerEvent="Zoombar.ZoomChanged" TargetControl="{Binding ElementName=horizontalTimeline}" MethodName="OnTimelineZoomChange"/>
I am sure the ElementName is set correctly and I am sure the MethodName is set correctly.  I just can't get the trigger to work.  
Does anyone have any clues?  I get no error messages.  Here is the Xaml for the Control:
<ig:XamTimeline x:Name="horizontalTimeline" Height="75" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" SceneStyle="{StaticResource SceneStyle1}"  > 
<ig:XamTimeline.Axis>
 <ig:DateTimeAxis Minimum="{Binding Path=JobMonitor.JobStartTime, Mode=TwoWay, UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged}"  
	Maximum="{Binding Path=JobMonitor.JobEndTime, Mode=TwoWay, UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged}"    AutoRange="False" UnitType="Milliseconds" Unit="0" />
 </ig:XamTimeline.Axis>
 <ig:XamTimeline.LegendStyle> 
<Style TargetType="Control"> 
<Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Collapsed"/> 
</Style> 
</ig:XamTimeline.LegendStyle> </ig:XamTimeline> 
and in the Viewmodel class I have:
internal void OnTimelineZoomChange (object sender, Bxf.Xaml.ExecuteEventArgs e) {  
}
this methods never gets called.